According to WHO (World Health Organization), Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) is a pandemic. Its outbreak started in China in December 2019, and since then from past 6 months the virus has spread worldwide infecting millions of people across various countries. There are still no medicines that have shown to prevent or cure this particular disease.
The World Health Organization is making every effort to develop vaccines and medicines to prevent and treat it. However, we as a responsible citizen of our country, can also help prevent the spread of this virus. To understand this better, we have customized the following details for our readers so that we can all help each other during this pandemic time:
How does this virus spread?
Covid-19 virus is just like any other virus that causes common respiratory illness, example Flu which can spread through coughing, sneezing and breathing. It simply means that it can spread from person to person or through these tiny droplets that lands on any surface. It is also said that this virus can be alive on materials like plastic or stainless steel for a period of 3 days. Hence, any other individual who comes in contact with these objects can be infected.
How can you protect yourself from this Covid-19 virus?
You can protect yourself and others around you by taking some precautionary measures:
- Keep your hands clean. Wash them regularly with soap and water or sanitize them with alcohol-based rub. Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth.
- If you find a person coughing or sneezing around you, maintain a safe distance of around 2 meters from them. Once contaminated avoid touching your face, from there the virus can infect you.
- A mask is said to help protect an individual from this spread of droplets. Ensure that every individual in your house wears a mask where physical distancing is not possible. One such company who makes safety masks is Custom Earth Promos. It is an eco-friendly company that is based in Delray Beach-Florida, USA. They specialize in manufacturing of reusable custom bags and top-quality masks, made from natural recycled materials.
- Always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your bent elbow, while sneezing or coughing. If you feel sick, then stay at home and keep yourself isolated. Do not come in contact with any other individual and avoid going to public places. This way you can help reduce the spread of virus.
- If you are feeling sick with fever, cold and breathlessness take medical help immediately. This is to ensure you get the right treatment at the right time.
An important step taken by our government officials was cancelling all events that attract mass gathering. This small step has actually helped to curb the spread of virus in many countries. Always keep in mind “Precautions are always better than cure”. This is to help keep safe yourself and your loved ones.